Almond oil is an excellent moisturizer and also helps reduce inflammation of the skin. Try to put a few drops of oil in your daily cream, and you will quickly realize how your skin becomes silky and healthy. Bitter almond oil is also beneficial as a hair masks. Precisely for its moisturizing properties, it is ideal to battle the damage caused by excessive sunlight or low temperatures.
What is bitter almond oil?
Bitter almond oil is one of those ingredients that did not lack beauty tips from our grandparents. Extremely versatile, we can use it to improve the skin, hair or make a good massage.
The greatest fame of almond oil is about the prevention of stretch marks in the period of pregnancy but many people do not know all its benefits for hair and skin.
Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin and Hair:
- Moisturizes and softens the skin.
- Prevents wrinkles and improves skin elasticity.
- Anti-inflammatory and soothing for the skin.
- Serves for body massage.
- Recovers natural oils from dry skin.
- Remove makeup without any irritation.
- Hydrates the cuticles.
- Moisturizes rough areas such as elbows, knees, feet.
- Deeply moisturizes hair.
- Recover dry hair.
- Control volume and curled hair.
- Help with curls.
- Gives shine and softness to hair.
How to use bitter almond oil in the hair?
- For hydration: Apply almond oil on dirty hair at the ends and ends, strand by strand, including the scalp. Let stand for about 30 minutes. Then wash with shampoo and apply conditioner normally.
- In the conditioner: Put one teaspoon in your conditioner (per 250 ml).
- Against dandruff and fall: Apply almond oil to the hair root and massage. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then, with a comb of fine teeth, comb from the roots towards the tips. Dandruff will gradually disappear. Next, wash your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo, massage and rinse thoroughly. Finish with a conditioner only at the ends and rinse very well.
- For very dry ends, apply a few drops before going to sleep and massage so that the oil penetrates the hair.
- Applying the pure oil directly on the hair can even provide recovery of damaged hair and decrease in volume and it remains shiny and without a fragile appearance. However, the direct application of oil to the hair and leaving it is not recommended, because it causes a heavy and greasy appearance. It is best to always use and wash normally.
There are also some side effects and allergies of bitter almond oil which is also very important to take into consideration.
Why can they cause allergies?
Allergies caused by nuts are the most common worldwide. This is because the body reacts against proteins that contain this type of fruit, such as almonds. The reaction of the body in this way is not common. However, it is not known why it does it that way. Allergies have always been a very murky terrain for the world of medicine since there is no determinant that explains why the body reacts like that but that there are simply people who react and there are others who do not.
People who are allergic to nuts could be a single or all types. However, there are studies that show that if you have an allergy to a type of nut, it is very likely that a problem develops the same way with any other fruit. The nut with the highest rate of allergy is the almond, followed by the peanut, the walnut, the hazelnut and finally the opinion.
If you have an allergy to almonds, it is very likely that the reaction will be shown only a few minutes or an hour after you ingest the fruit or simply by making contact with it. Skin reactions, including rashes, are the most common in this case. However, the reaction can extend to the eyes, showing redness and burning in these, as well as respiratory problems can also occur.
Nothing more delicious than a massage made at home. But this does not require you to buy expensive creams: a little almond oil is enough! The result is guaranteed: a smooth and smooth skin!
100% pure sweet almond oil is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, and B6 and E, so it is considered a powerful antioxidant.